You need a good sense of humor to be a country fan, because people take plenty of shots at it, including our own from time to time.
TheBoot.com posted a list of the 20 best country songs that MAKE FUN of country music. Here are some highlights:
1. "The Worst Country Song of All Time" by Brantley Gilbert, with Hardy and Toby Keith. It's a cliché country song flipped on its head. The person hates beer, loves big cities and traffic jams, and doesn't fish or hunt.
2. "The Country Boy Song" by Earl Dibbles Jr., a.k.a., Granger Smith's alter ego. It's an over-the-top version of what Brantley Gilbert was making fun of.
3. "Moose Knuckle Shuffle" by Hot Country Knights. That's Dierks Bentley's '90s parody band.
4. "Rednecker" by Hardy. It pokes fun at the classic country boy cliché with lyrics like, "My truck's louder than your truck / And my collar's a little more blue."
5. "Country Song" by comedian Bo Burnham. He makes fun of rich country stars pandering with lyrics about dirt roads and tractors. (Warning: That one's got lots of F-bombs and other profanity.)
6. "Welcome to Nashville" by Halfway to Hazard. It's a swipe at modern pop-country for being too commercialized.
7. "Girl in a Country Song" by Maddie & Tae. It makes fun of all the "bro country" songs about women just "lookin' good" in their "cut-off jeans" and bikini tops. It was their debut single back in 2015.
8. "Backwards" by Rascal Flatts. About the old joke that if you play a country song backwards, your life only gets better and better. "You get your truck back / You get your hair back / You get your first and second wives back."
9. "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way" by Waylon Jennings. About getting back to country's roots.
10. "Outlaw You" by Waylon's son Shooter Jennings. Another shot at modern country with lyrics like, "Hey pretty boy in your cowboy hat / You couldn't hit country with a baseball bat."