If you still don't feel like a REAL adult, here are five morning habits that'll make you feel like you've got your life together . . .
1. Use an actual alarm clock. When your phone is your alarm, it's the first thing you look at. So you end up starting your day by scrolling through texts and social media. That's why an actual clock might be better. Bonus points if you don't hit snooze.
2. Start with 30 seconds of gratitude. Being thankful is good for you, and it doesn't take long. Just take half-a-minute to be thankful for something in your life . . . even if that thing is the comfy bed you get to sleep in, or the breakfast you're about to eat.
3. Set a daily intention. Or even better, set three. Think of a few things you want to accomplish that day. They don't have to be big, they just need to be realistic. Even just getting to work on time could be one of them.
4. Drink a glass of water. It's simple and easy. But it also gives you a small sense of accomplishment, which can be a gateway to other healthy habits.
5. Exercise. It releases endorphins, which helps relieve stress. And it gets it out of the way, so you won't get lazy and skip your workout later on.